Seared Chili Scallops with Baby Bok Choy
This sweet, tender Seared Chili Scallops recipe is a dish I could eat once a week! Honestly, it’s incredibly easy and so impressive when plated! Scallops are quick-cooking, tender, and mild, and go well over just about any vegetable or grain. We plopped them on top of quickly wilted baby bok choy. The colors are just beautiful from the fresh basil and mint, and the pop of color and heat from the Thai chili peppers. Did I mention how low-fat this recipe is? No guilt! Just some Asian persuasion from our end!
Quickly wilted baby bok choy is deliciously paired with the seared scallops!
Sweet and succulent fresh sea scallops are the star of this dish!
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped (or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1 pound fresh baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, chili pepper, lemon juice and zest, orange zest, basil, mint, salt and pepper. Add the cleaned scallops to the bowl and let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature. Remove the scallops and pat dry, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add the other tablespoon to the pan. Sear the scallops until just done, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer, keeping marinade warm.
- Heat the same heavy skillet over medium high heat, with 2 tablespoons canola oil. Quickly wilt the baby bok choy in the skillet, adding salt and pepper to taste (optional). To plate, place several leaves of bok choy at the bottom of a dish. Top bok choy with the scallops and marinade. Sprinkle more basil and mint to garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017