This savory Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip is so easy to make and tastes delicious with chips or veggies. It’s the perfect appetizer for fall!
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons sambal oelek (Thai red chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Chips for serving
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the squash, onion, and garlic cloves out in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the veggies are caramelized and the squash is very tender. Broil for a few minutes to make sure they are caramelized.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer everything to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, coconut milk, sambal oelek, fish sauce, and sesame oil to the food processor. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Add a little salt and pepper and then run the machine until everything is super smooth and creamy. Taste to check for seasonings.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
Sambal oelek can be found at select grocery stores and specialty Asian markets.
Adapted from: http://yestoyolks.com/2015/12/18/thai-butternut-squash-dip/
Keywords: Thai Butternut Squash Dip, Butternut Squash Dip