Fire up the grill! Here’s another great summer grilling recipe that’s fast and healthy! These mildly spicy Red Curry Salmon Kebabs have all the flavor and none of the guilt!
- 1½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1½ pounds thick wild salmon, skin off, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce)
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the curry paste with oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, honey, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Add the salmon cubes and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce), remaining lime juice, remaining cilantro, and season with salt.
- Heat stove-top grill pan or outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Remove skewers from water. Thread the salmon onto 6 skewers, leaving a 1/4 inch between the cubes. Grill over moderately high heat, turning carefully, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drizzle the kebabs with the spicy aioli sauce.
- Grill the salmon skewers over medium-high heat on a grill pan or an outdoor grill for around 8 minutes total. Don’t flip too soon or they will stick to the grill!
- If you can’t find wild salmon, use whatever salmon is available but try to find a thick piece. Otherwise, the salmon will slide off the skewers.
- I like to drizzle the salmon when ready to serve with a mildly spicy aioli sauce made with a mixture of low-fat mayonnaise and sambal oelek. You can substitute the sambal with sriracha sauce as well.
Adapted from: Food & Wine.
Keywords: salmon, kebabs, grilled salmon