Red Curry Salmon Kebabs
Fire up the grill! Here’s another great summer grilling recipe that’s fast and healthy! These mildly spicy salmon kebabs are made with wild salmon for a few reasons: they’re firmer and hold up well under fire, and they are so much better for you than the farm-raised variety. But, by all means, use whatever salmon you have on hand! I like to pair this dish with a mildly spicy aioli sauce and a side of pan-sautéed, shaved brussels sprouts. Get grilling fellow foodies!
- 1½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1½ pounds thick wild salmon, skin off, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce)
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, mix the curry paste with oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, honey, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Add the salmon cubes and toss to coat. Marinate for ½ hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sambal oelek (or Sriracha sauce), remaining lime juice, remaining cilantro, and season with salt.
- Heat stove-top grill pan or outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Remove skewers from water. Thread the salmon onto 6 skewers, leaving ¼ inch between the cubes. Grill over moderately high heat, turning carefully, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve the kebabs with the spicy aioli sauce.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Korean BBQ Cauliflower Pizza February 19, 2018
- Skinny”ish” General Tso’s Shrimp and Tofu February 12, 2018
- Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado February 5, 2018
- Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork January 29, 2018
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017