- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lemon grass stalk (soft inner bulb only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 oz. firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cubed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp tender. Strain beans and “shock” in ice water to preserve its color. Strain again and set aside.
- Place garlic, chili peppers, red curry, lemon grass, fish sauce, and coconut milk in blender. Process until smooth. Heat oil over medium high heat in a wok and add tofu until tofu is slightly browned. Add in scallions and cook another 1 minute. Add blended mixture to wok and heat to a slow simmer, about 4 minutes. Add in the green beans and simmer another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
To toast the sesame seeds: Place in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and dry toast it until light brown. Don’t overcook.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 899.3 mg
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Red Curry Green Beans, Green Beans With Tofu, Asian Green Beans