The red curry sauce brings on just the right amount of heat in this delicious Red Curry Green Beans with Tofu recipe. This side dish will definitely satisfy your healthy "greens" craving!
My body craves green veggies! I know it sounds weird. Some people crave chocolate. Not me -- I crave greens! Don't get me wrong, I will eat chocolate if you put it in front of me! Willpower is not one of my strong suits.
Not to mention, I eat a lot of tofu, which goes quite well with this appealing side dish. I use this sauce in so many recipes because it's outrageously good! Have a piece of chocolate later! 🙂Print
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lemon grass stalk (soft inner bulb only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 oz. firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cubed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp tender. Strain beans and "shock" in ice water to preserve its color. Strain again and set aside.
- Place garlic, chili peppers, red curry, lemon grass, fish sauce, and coconut milk in blender. Process until smooth. Heat oil over medium high heat in a wok and add tofu until tofu is slightly browned. Add in scallions and cook another 1 minute. Add blended mixture to wok and heat to a slow simmer, about 4 minutes. Add in the green beans and simmer another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
To toast the sesame seeds: Place in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and dry toast it until light brown. Don't overcook.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 899.3 mg
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Red Curry Green Beans, Green Beans With Tofu, Asian Green Beans