These Quick Pickled Vegetables are irresistibly tangy and crisp! They’re the perfect topping for sandwiches, burgers, salads, tacos, and so much more!
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 5–6 radishes, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the pickling brine:
Toss the sliced vegetables together in a medium bowl. Divide the vegetables evenly into mason jars. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, heat the water, sugar, vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) and salt over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, pour the brine liquid over vegetables. Cover lids and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Make sure to let your pickling brine cool to room temperature before putting it in the mason jar with the veggies.
- Use regular radishes if you can’t find rainbow radishes.
- I used several mason jars to accommodate the amount of veggies I had.
- Make sure to pack the veggies tightly in the mason jar before you move on to another jar.
- Leave out the jalapeño peppers if you don’t like spicy!
- Seal the lid very well before placing the jar in the fridge.
- Make sure to leave it in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 17.9 g
- Sodium: 623.5 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pickled vegetables, quick pickled vegetables recipe, pickled cabbage, pickling