are the perfect, healthy topping for salads, tacos, burgers, and more! Featuring a blend of carrots, cabbage, jalapeños, radish, and red onion, this easy canning recipe has so much flavor!
For the Vegetables:
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium rainbow radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Pickling Brine:
- Prepare all of the vegetables into strips or julienne.
- Add the ingredients for the pickling brine into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add all of the vegetables into one or two mason jars. Once the brine has cooled, pour the brine into the jars to cover the vegetables. Seal the jar tightly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make sure to let your pickling brine cool to room temperature before putting it in the mason jar with the veggies.
- Use regular radishes if you can’t find rainbow radishes.
- I used several mason jars to accommodate the amount of veggies I had.
- Make sure to pack the veggies tightly in the mason jar before you move on to another jar.
- Leave out the jalapeño peppers if you don’t like spicy!
- Seal the lid very well before placing the jar in the fridge.
- Make sure to chill it in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
Keywords: pickled vegetable salad, quick pickled vegetables, foods to pickle, pickled vegetables recipe, spicy pickled vegetables, gluten-free