Quick Pickled Vegetables are the perfect, healthy topping for salads, tacos, burgers, and more! Featuring a blend of carrots, cabbage, jalapeños, radish, and red onion, this easy canning recipe has so much flavor!
I’ve become somewhat obsessed with making pickled veggies recently! It’s just so easy! Why I didn’t attempt these before is a mystery. It literally takes about 10 minutes to pickle vegetables!
In this recipe, I’ve used shredded red and white cabbage, shredded carrots, rainbow radishes, sliced jalapeño peppers, and red onions. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand.
The pickling brine only has a few ingredients. I’ve used a sugar-substitute to keep it low in calories and KETO-friendly.
Ingredients for pickling brine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar or Swerve sugar replacement
- 1 1/4 cups rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
What are these pickled veggies good on?
I’d say just about everything, but here’s a quick list to get you started:
TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure to let your pickling brine cool to room temperature before putting it in the mason jar with the veggies.
- Use regular radishes if you can’t find rainbow radishes.
- I used several mason jars to accommodate the amount of veggies I had.
- Make sure to pack the veggies tightly in the mason jar before you move on to another jar.
- Leave out the jalapeño peppers if you don’t like spicy!
- Seal the lid very well before placing the jar in the fridge.
- Make sure to leave it in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
If you like this recipe, you’re going to want these recipes:
SUGGESTED WINE PAIRING
2019 L’Original Rosé, Provence, France. Scout & Cellar Wine. Fresh and expressive with notes of wild strawberry, peach, honeysuckle and white flowers and a round finish.
SCOUT & CELLAR WINES ARE GROWN NATURALLY & BOTTLED CONSCIOUSLY
Scout & Cellar is more than just a wine; it’s an invitation to experience wine as nature intended: Our wines are Clean-Crafted, grown naturally and bottled consciously.♻️ Pure, honest and downright delicious! Scout & Cellar is here to offer a cleaner, healthier, altogether better wine experience to everyone!
Clean-Crafted Means…. Wines that are grown without synthetic pesticides vinified with NO modification, no added chemicals preservatives or pesticides, and no added sugar, ever! No added anything. Just pure, clean wine! AND delivered to your door by Scout & Cellar!