These scary Pumpkin Monster Cookies will melt in your mouth. Perfectly soft, delicious, and so fun to make for Halloween!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer, beat the sugar and butter until well blended. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree, mixing until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, drop rounds of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly press down on each cookie to flatten it, using the bottom of a glass, or a meat mallet. Press the candy eyeballs into each cookies. Let cool for 15 min. Then, draw in the mouth using the decorating gel. Quickly place a few sunflower seeds directly onto the mouths. Let set a few hours in the fridge or overnight.
- I used a small cookie scoop to make even rounds of cookie dough, placing them 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the flat bottom of a glass or meat mallet to flatten the cookies before decorating. Do this right after they come out of the oven.
- Place the candy eyeballs onto the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven so they stay in place while the cookies are still warm.
Keywords: Halloween, pumpkin, pumpkin cookies, cookie recipe, cookies