It’s purple pandemonium over here with this gorgeous Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup, a hearty, healthy soup for the chilly days ahead.
- 1 head purple cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cups purple potatoes (variety of sweet and regular), cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coconut oil or canola oil spray
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large purple or orange carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- Sour cream or crème fraiche
- Sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the cauliflower and potatoes on a large baking sheet. Spray with coconut oil spray and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat. Roast in oven for 30 minutes, tossing half way through, until slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a heavy dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add in fennel and carrots and sauté until tender. Stir in the broth and the roasted cauliflower and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and lower to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until veggies are fork-tender. Remove from stove.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until creamy (you can leave chunky if preferred). Season with salt & pepper. Serve soup in bowls swirled with sour cream or crème fraiche. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Wife Mama Foodie
Keywords: Cauliflower Soup, Purple Soup, Cauliflower, Potato Soup