Pan Seared Asian Scallops with Zucchini Noodles
What could be better than sweet, succulent scallops? I served this dish to my husband this week and we were very happy campers! The scallops have a complimentary sweet and spicy flavor, and they literally melt in your mouth! I prepared it with a side of zucchini noodles that are both tasty and healthy. Of course, you could serve these scallops with a side of pasta and it would be amazing as well!
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ pounds sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Add scallops into bowl and marinate for at least 10 minutes. Remove scallops but reserve marinade.
- Meanwhile, using a spiral vegetable cutter, make spaghetti-like noodles with zucchini. Pat dry with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Heat a heavy saute pan or cast iron pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Sear scallops on one side 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Cook on other side for about 2 minutes more. Add half of the marinade to the pan to coat the scallops. Remove scallops to a dish and keep warm. Add in the zucchini noodles to the pan and cook quickly until sauce coats the zucchini. Serve immediately with the scallops on the side or on top of the zucchini. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017
- Pork Potstickers October 16, 2017
- Pumpkin Manju Sweets October 9, 2017
- Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup October 2, 2017
- Nutella and Coconut Pancakes September 25, 2017