Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce is a staple at most Vietnamese tables. Easy to prepare, you can whip this up in about 10 minutes! It’s sweet, sour, salty, savory, and spicy!
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch Kosher salt
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together and taste for seasoning (ie. more salt).
- Serve with your favorite protein, salads, noodle dish, or spring rolls!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, or freeze for up to six months.
- Most major grocery stores carry sambal oelek in the Asian section. Or you can find it at most Asian markets. You can use Thai chili peppers as a substitute.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, or freeze it for up to six months.
Keywords: Vietnamese, sauce, spicy sauce, dips