Mushroom and radish lovers pay attention — this salad recipe will rock your world! These gorgeous shaved rainbow radishes are the star in this salad, combined with thinly sliced button mushrooms, and zesty vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is made with Japanese yuzu juice, a sour citrus fruit used both for its juice and its aromatic rind. Yuzu is a cross between a grapefruit and lime. The juice can be expensive if store-bought so we added some fresh lemon juice to balance out the flavors. Top this salad with your favorite herbs, like cilantro or mint. We threw a handful of radish sprouts on top to finish the dish. FYI — if you can’t find rainbow radishes, the regular variety will work just fine. This, my friends, is a delightful summer salad!
This mushroom and radish salad is A-mazing! So beautiful too!
Japanese yuzu juice can be found at select Asian and specialty markets. This sour citrus juice makes a perfect vinaigrette for this mushroom and radish salad!
Whisk together Japanese yuzu juice with freshly squeezed lemon juice, safflower oil, salt and pepper for an easy and light vinaigrette.
Rainbow radishes, also known as watermelon radishes, are so beautiful in this salad!
- 3 tablespoons yuzu juice
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 2 small rainbow radishes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Handful of radish sprouts (Daikon sprouts)
- To make the yuzu vinaigrette: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yuzu juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in the safflower oil until vinaigrette is creamy yellow. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Using a mandolin with a setting on the thinnest blade, carefully slice the button mushrooms and rainbow radishes so they are shaved and not thick. Place in a large salad bowl. Add in the chopped green onions and cilantro. Lightly toss the salad with the yuzu vinaigrette and top the with the radish sprouts to finish.
Yuzu juice is available at select Asian and specialty markets. If unavailable, substitute 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 1/2 tablespoon fresh orange juice. If you can’t find rainbow radishes, the regular variety will work just fine!
Keywords: Mushroom and Radish Salad, Zuzu Vinaigrette,, Salad with Yuzu Vinaigrette
If you liked this recipe, try our Spicy Fennel & Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Shop products featured in this recipe: