These easy Mini Skillet Apple Crisps are by far the best I’ve ever tasted! These crisps are warm and cozy thanks to the baked apples, brown sugar crumble topping, and vanilla ice cream scoops. Made with fresh apples and simple pantry ingredients – it’s the perfect fall treat!
- 5 honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the crisp topping:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter (cold, cut into 6 pieces)
- 4 pats of butter
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples in a large mixing bowl. Add to the apples the cinnamon, brown sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and flour. Toss well to coat. Set aside.
- In a food processor using the steel blade, place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix briefly until thoroughly combined. Add in the cut pieces of butter until it forms a coarse paste.
- Melt a pat of butter into four mini cast iron skillets. Add a layer of the apple mixture into each skillet and top each with the crisp topping. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until apples are tender. (Cover the tops with foil if the topping starts to burn.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly (3 min. tops) and top each apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- If you don’t have the mini cast iron skillets, you can always use on medium-sized cast iron skillet with all of the ingredients.
- Use an apple slicer to make your life easier! If you have an apple peeler, even better!
- Cover the tops of the mini skillets with a piece of foil if the tops start to get too brown while baking.
- Store the entire mini skillet in the refrigerator overnight with leftovers! Reheat in the oven.
Keywords: how to make apple crisp, apple crisp without oats, apple crisp recipe, mini apple crisp, easy apple crisp, apple dessert