This Mean Green Gazpacho soup is loaded with healthy green goodness, the perfect summer soup for dining al fresco!
- 1 pound green tomatoes, or tomatillos, quartered
- 2 ripe avocados (pitted and skins removed), sliced
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Thai chili peppers, seeded (or 1 large jalapeño pepper)
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro with stems
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cups water
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- avocado oil
- Thai chili peppers
- In a large food processor, add all of the ingredients and pulse until puréed and smooth (chunky is good too!). Work in batches if using a smaller food processor. Taste for seasoning and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Garnish with a drizzle of avocado oil, a few slices of Thai chili peppers (or slices of jalapeño pepper), and chopped cilantro.
- You could rifle through your fridge and throw in other veggies that you have on hand so don’t feel committed. I happened to have a bunch of cucumbers which really add a great flavor to this chilled soup.
- The best is the avocado oil which gives it a nice flavor, and the kick from Thai chili peppers🌶. You can use jalapeño peppers if you can’t find these.
- Speaking of Thai chili peppers, make sure to seed the chili peppers (and don’t use bare hands, you will regret it)!
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a high-powered blender as well. Does the trick!
Keywords: gazpacho, easy gazpacho recipe, gazpacho soup, gluten-free