Matcha Heart Cookies are so colorful and easy to make. Made with green tea matcha powder, they're a sweet Asian treat that's perfect for your sweetie on Valentine's Day!
Who doesn't love cookies on Valentine's Day, am I right? Just had to make these beautiful heart-shaped green tea cookies to fuel the romance! Matcha green tea powder gives these sugary cookies their vibrant color, and they could not be any easier to make.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper to bake these heart-shaped cookies.
Beautiful in color, add the finishing touch to these cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar.
I heard green tea powder is an aphrodisiac (did I make that up)? With so few ingredients you'll be on to the "next course" in no time! Ooh-la-la! ❤ ❤ Happy Valentine's Day everyone!Print
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Matcha green tea powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour and Matcha green tea powder. Set aside.
- Cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl along with the egg yolk. Beat the butter and egg together and add in the sugar to cream. Add the food coloring and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and salt and beat until mixed well. Remove the dough and knead together on a floured surface forming a ball, making sure there are no more gooey crumbs. Seal with plastic wrap, flatten, and place in refrigerator about 30 minutes until firm.
- When ready to use, roll out the dough onto the floured surface until flattened to about ½-inch thick.
- Cut out cookies using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, placing on the baking tray about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies about 15 minutes, until just slightly brown on the edges. Let cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- You can store these cookies in the freezer for three months. Let it get to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 7.6 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
Keywords: Green Tea Cookies, Matcha Cookies, Asian Cookies