Who doesn’t love cookies on Valentine’s Day, am I right? Just had to make these beautiful heart-shaped green tea cookies to fuel the romance! Matcha green tea powder gives these sugary cookies their vibrant color, and they could not be any easier to make. I heard green tea powder is an aphrodisiac (did I make that up)? With so few ingredients you’ll be on to the “next course” in no time! Ooh-la-la! ❤ ❤ Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Line a baking tray with parchment paper to bake these heart-shaped cookies.
Beautiful in color, add the finishing touch to these cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Matcha green tea powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour and Matcha green tea powder. Set aside.
- Cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl along with the egg yolk. Beat the butter and egg together and add in the sugar to cream. Add the food coloring and mix until well blended. Slowly add in the flour mixture and salt and beat until mixed well. Remove the dough and knead together on a floured surface forming a ball, making sure there are no more gooey crumbs. Seal with plastic wrap, flatten, and place in refrigerator about 30 minutes until firm.
- When ready to use, roll out the dough onto the floured surface until flattened to about ½-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, placing on the baking tray about 1 inch apart. Bake cookies about 15 minutes, until just slightly brown on the edges. Let cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Keywords: Green Tea Cookies, Matcha Cookies, Asian Cookies
Shop products featured in this recipe: