- For the cheesecake:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 5 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- For the muffins:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a six-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Make the cheesecake: Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Sift in the matcha powder and beat until fluffy. Add in the melted white chocolate and egg and beat until well-combined.
- Make the muffins: Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Turn heat to low and add in chocolate chips, stir until just melted. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- Layer the muffin tin: spread 1/4 of the chocolate muffin mixture at the bottom, 1/4 of the matcha mixture in the middle, and 1/4 of the chocolate muffin mixture on the top. Place a large dollop of the matcha mixture on the very top and using a sharp knife make swirls with the matcha and muffin mixture to create a marbled pattern. Bake the muffins in the center rack for 30 minutes. Let cool. Use a thin flat knife to loosen the muffins before removing from the muffin tin. Makes 6 large muffins.
Notes: You can melt the white chocolate in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave on 20-second intervals.
Adapted from: www.ful-filled.com
Keywords: Matcha Muffins, Cheesecake Muffins, Asian Matcha Muffins, Asian Cheesecake Muffins