Delicious and easy to prepare, this Vietnamese Lobster Bánh Mì is the perfect New England summer sandwich with an Asian twist!
For the lobster salad:
- 1 ½ pounds cooked, shelled lobster meat, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass, finely chopped (white parts only)
- Zest from one lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 4 small French baguettes, or Bánh Mì buns
For the pickled slaw:
- 6 oz. (1/2 bag) coleslaw mix
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the lobster meat, celery, red onions, green onions, jalapeño pepper, lemon grass, lime zest, and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and sambal oelek and fold it into the lobster salad mixture.
- Slice the French baguettes, or Bánh Mì buns, almost through but not all the way leaving enough room for the lobster salad. Set aside.
- Place the coleslaw into a medium mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and toss it into the coleslaw mix, along with the cilantro. Set aside.
- To assemble the Bánh Mì sandwich: Place the lobster salad mixture on the bottom of the roll with the slaw mix on top. Cut in half if desired.
You can find the Bánh Mì rolls at your Asian market or select Vietnamese bakeries.
Keywords: Lobster Sandwich, Lobster Sandwich Recipe, Banh Mi Recipe, Lobster Banh Mi Recipe, Vietnamese Sandwich, Vietnamese Lobster Sandwich