Lemongrass Garlic Chicken
I use my cast iron skillet at least twice a week! This important kitchen staple will last a lifetime and can be passed on from generation to generation. I’m using my late-father’s cast iron pan that he used for his renowned and beloved potato latkes! So please use your cast iron skillet when preparing this fabulous Asian chicken recipe! It will bring much flavor to the dish. The lemongrass, ginger and cilantro in this dish will make your palate very happy! The chicken thighs will be moist and tasty. Can’t wait for you to try it!
- 5 lemongrass stalks, inner bulb only, pounded and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeno or Thai chili pepper, seeded & chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the lemongrass until finely chopped. Add the scallions, garlic, jalapeno, ginger, and sugar and pulse until combined. With the machine on, add the ¼ cup oil in a steady stream and process to a fine paste. Season the paste with salt & pepper.
- Put chicken in a plastic baggie or shallow dish, pour marinade over chicken. Reserve part of marinade for sauce on top. Marinate chicken for 15 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. In a heavy cast iron skillet or heavy oven-proof skillet put 1 tablespoon oil and heat on high. Sear the chicken until browned on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes max. Squeeze lime juice and extra sauce on top before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017