This Lemongrass Garlic Chicken dish is bursting with flavor! The lemongrass, ginger and cilantro in this dish will make your palate very happy! The chicken thighs are so tender and tasty. Can't wait for you to try it!
I use my cast iron skillet at least twice a week! This important kitchen staple will last a lifetime and can be passed on from generation to generation. I highly recommend that you use a cast iron pan for this recipe. It brings out the amazing flavors!Print
- 5 lemongrass stalks, inner bulb only, pounded and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeno or Thai chili pepper, seeded & chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the lemongrass until finely chopped. Add the scallions, garlic, jalapeno, ginger, and sugar and pulse until combined. With the machine on, add the ¼ cup oil in a steady stream and process to a fine paste. Season the paste with salt & pepper.
- Put chicken in a plastic baggie or shallow dish, pour marinade over chicken. Reserve part of marinade for sauce on top. Marinate chicken for 15 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. In a heavy cast iron skillet or heavy oven-proof skillet put 1 tablespoon oil and heat on high. Sear the chicken until browned on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes max. Squeeze lime juice and extra sauce on top before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Adapted from: Food & Wine
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top & Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 385.4 mg
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g
- Protein: 59.7 g
- Cholesterol: 284.1 mg
Keywords: Lemongrass Chicken, Garlic Chicken, Asian Lemongrass Chicken