With the holidays upon us, I’ve been conjuring up creative ways to use my turkey post-Thanksgiving. Sure, we could all pick at the carcass for days on end, or make a turkey soup, etc. But then it came to me (cue the lightbulb): Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Curry with Sweet Potatoes! It’s like having another Thanksgiving dinner but with an Asian twist!
This easy turkey curry dish features amazing Indian flavors (garam masala, yellow curry powder, cumin), light coconut milk, and sweet potatoes. It’s a bowl of comfort that keeps the flavors of Thanksgiving going. Your holiday house guests will be following their noses to the kitchen when these aromas float through the air.
So, now you have a plan for what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey! Who knew that leftovers could be that good?
Leftover turkey breast is awesome in this Indian dish! It’s like having Thanksgiving all over again!
How to use left-over Thanksgiving turkey:
- Slice the leftover turkey breast into thick pieces before cubing.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in garam masala, cumin, and curry powder until incorporated. Add in tomato, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, water, and potatoes and stir well.
- Stir in the turkey meat and simmer another 5 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.
- That’s it! So easy, right?
This Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Curry with Sweet Potatoes is like having another Thanksgiving dinner, but with an Asian twist!Print
Leftover turkey is perfect for this easy Asian-inspired curry and sweet potato dish! Post-Thanksgiving has never tasted so good!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ½ large white sweet potato (or regular potato), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey meat, cut into thick cubes
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Steamed white rice
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium-high. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in garam masala, cumin, and curry powder until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add in tomato, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, water, and potatoes and stir well. Cook and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Stir in the turkey meat and simmer another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in cilantro to garnish before serving. Ladle over cooked rice with extra cilantro.
Keywords: Thanksgiving turkey, leftover turkey recipe, easy curry recipe
Shop products featured in this recipe: