- For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Gochujang paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoon canola oil (divided)
- 1 pound top sirloin, cut into thin strips
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red or yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white and black sesame seeds
- Prepare the sauce: In a small mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, spiralize the sweet potatoes using the small blade. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat a heavy wok with 1 tablespoon canola oil on medium-high heat. Quickly stir-fry the beef to brown, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer beef to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the wok and add the other tablespoon of oil. Heat on medium-high and add in the garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Add in the spiralized sweet potatoes and cook another 2 minutes. Add in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add in the baby spinach, green onions, and beef. Stir in the sauce and cook until just done, about 3 more minutes. Serve with sprinkles of sesame seeds.
Keywords: Korean Beef, Spiralized Sweet Potato and Beef, Sweet Potato and Beef Recipe