Spicy kimchi, sharp cheddar and mild gouda cheese are all sandwiched together in this melty, buttery Kimchi Grilled Cheese!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese (or 1/2 cup)
- 2 slices gouda cheese (or 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- Thoroughly butter the outside of 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- Layer the inside of two pieces of bread with 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons of fresh kimchi, and 2 slices of gouda cheese (or cheeses of your choice). Form the sandwiches with both slices together.
- Heat a cast iron pan or heavy skillet on medium high. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and slice in half. (Cheese should be melty!) Serve while warm.
- You want the butter at room temperature so that it is easy to spread on the slices of bread. Alternatively, you can melt the butter in the skillet before you place the bread on top.
- You can always use whatever cheese you prefer in this sandwich, and add more cheese if you like it super cheesy!
- Feel free to add more ingredients into your Kimchi Grilled Cheese sandwich like honey, gochujang, and avocado! No rules with this winner of a sammy!
Keywords: kimchi grilled cheese, kimchi recipe, best grilled cheese recipe, how to make grilled cheese