Jalapeño Popper Mummies are the perfect spooky appetizer for Halloween! They’re scary good and so fun to make!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cheeses, green onions, and salt. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and pull apart into four rectangles. Pinch the diagonal perforation together and press lightly to make smooth. Cut each rectangle into thin strips using a pizza cutter.
- Wrap two pieces of dough around each stuffed pepper, leaving room for the eyes. Place the wrapped peppers about two inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each popper with the egg wash and bake until golden and puffed, about 10 to 13 minutes. Do not let it get too brown!
- Press the candy eyeballs into the poppers towards the upper stem. Serve while warm.
- Using rubber gloves while slicing the jalapeño peppers is wise! If you accidentally rub your eyes you might regret it!
- I used a cheese grater for the jack cheese, making sure the cheese was still cold from the fridge.
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture. Try to make it flat against the jalapeño pepper, not rounded.
- Using a pizza cutter will make your life so much easier when you’re slicing the Pillsbury crescent roll dough!
- Place the candy eyeballs into the poppers right away while the cheese is melty. I used some small tweezers to help.
Keywords: Halloween appetizer, scary food, jalapeño poppers, Halloween food, jalapeños