- 4 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup gochujang sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- Rice for serving
- Optional garnishes: sliced green onions, lime zest, sesame seeds, peanuts, poached egg
- In a medium-sized bowl combine garlic, water, soy sauce, gochujang sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime zest, lime juice and grated ginger to make a sauce. Press sauté button on the Instant Pot. Place pork into the Instant Pot and sear, turning pork every 2 minutes. Pour sauce over the pork in the Instant Pot. Press the manual button on the Instant Pot. Adjust time to 45 minutes. Press the start button and the Instant Pot will start coming to pressure (Will take approximately 10 minutes to get to pressure, and then will start a count down).
- When the Instant Pot beeps (after the 45 minutes have counted down), allow natural pressure release (this will go faster if you turn the Instant Pot off, but this is not necessary). Natural pressure release will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from the Instant pot and pull with two forks. Add a few tablespoons of sauce to keep pork moist. Press sauté button on Instant Pot. Reduce the sauce to desired thickness (I prefer my sauce thin so it soaks into the rice, but if you prefer your sauce thicker, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry, and then add to sauce while reducing.) Serve pork over rice and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with options listed above!
This recipe is from With Two Spoons: https://withtwospoons.com/instant-pot-korean-inspired-pulled-pork/