This quick and easy Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork recipe is fork-tender when ready and full of such flavor!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (fat trimmed), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Steamed white or brown rice for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat canola oil in a large heavy frying pan. Season the pork with salt & pepper. Add pork to skillet and brown over high heat, about 7 minutes. Transfer the pork to the Instant Pot, or similar appliance.
- Add in the onion, garlic, peppers, ginger, curry, cumin, and turmeric to pan and stir it all together. Then add the tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth, stirring well. Cover and cook on “Soup and Stews” setting (according to your Instant Pot or similar appliance) for 30 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Adapted From: Food & Wine
I like to put this in the refrigerator overnight and let the fat settle to the top, then skim all the fat off before heating and serving.
Keywords: pork, instant pot, pressure cooker recipes, instant pot pork recipe