I adore my Instant Pot! It is literally one of the most essential kitchen tools ever! This handy appliance is such a time-saver. Being able to just toss the ingredients into the pot, turn on the little switch, and come back after just 30 minutes to a fully cooked meal is like having a “cooking fairy” that takes over your kitchen, makes your meal, and then sneaks out. Thank you very much!
This quick and easy Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork recipe is fork-tender when ready and full of such flavor. The coconut milk, curry, turmeric, and cumin give this dish that Asian-fusion twist that will make you want to dish out seconds! Serve this over some steamed rice. You’ll thank the “cooking fairy” for this one!
This quick and easy Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork recipe is fork-tender and full of such flavor. The spices are amazing!
What is the Instant Pot?
This small kitchen appliance is a versatile multi-cooker that can do the job of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more! I purchased a version of the Instant Pot (the Power Pressure Cooker XL) that works just as well.
These are the basic functions of the Instant Pot:
- Slow Cooker
- Pressure Cooker (you can cook on high or low pressure, or choose specific pressure setting like poultry or meat/stew)
- Rice Cooker
Where can you buy the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is available everywhere these days! You can buy the Instant Pot on Amazon here. It’s also at most large stores like Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, or anywhere small electronics are sold.
How do you prepare the pork?
- I asked my butcher at the grocery store to remove the bones in the pork shoulder.
- Then I trimmed as much of the fat as possible. There is no way to remove all of the fat, and you’ll want at least some fat in there for the tenderness!
- I cubed the pork and seared it in a heavy skillet on medium-high heat.
Sear the pork until browned on all sides, about 7 minutes.
Place the pork, the chopped veggies and all of the spices in the Instant Pot. Then add your liquids.
This Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork recipe is done in 30 minutes in the Instant Pot! I like to make this dish a day in advance and refrigerate it overnight. Then I skim off the layer of fat on top before heating and serving.
Use the setting “soups/stews” on your Instant Pot or similar appliance, and you’ll have an amazing dish in no time!
Look how gorgeous this dish is and done in no time! I love the flavors in this Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork dish!Print
This quick and easy Instant Pot Coconut Curry Pork recipe is fork-tender when ready and full of such flavor!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (fat trimmed), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Steamed white or brown rice for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat canola oil in a large heavy frying pan. Season the pork with salt & pepper. Add pork to skillet and brown over high heat, about 7 minutes. Transfer the pork to the Instant Pot, or similar appliance.
- Add in the onion, garlic, peppers, ginger, curry, cumin, and turmeric to pan and stir it all together. Then add the tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth, stirring well. Cover and cook on “Soup and Stews” setting (according to your Instant Pot or similar appliance) for 30 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Adapted From: Food & Wine
I like to put this in the refrigerator overnight and let the fat settle to the top, then skim all the fat off before heating and serving.
Keywords: pork, instant pot, pressure cooker recipes, instant pot pork recipe
If you liked this recipe, try our Instant Pot Korean Inspired Pulled Pork