What goes great with binge-watching? POPCORN, of course! This easy, inexpensive, and healthy Homemade Microwave Popcorn will satisfy all of your snack cravings!
- Place the uncooked popcorn kernels into the paper bag. Fold the top over twice to seal.
- Put the paper bag into the microwave on its side, with the seal facing upwards.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until popping slows, about 2 seconds between pops.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil and seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Remove the bag and open carefully so as not to get burnt by the steam. Place the cooked popcorn in a serving bowl and toss in the seasoning mixture. Taste for seasoning and sprinkle extra seasoning on top if so desired.
- I used a standard brown lunch bag. The 1/2 cup fills the bag just to the top in just 2 minutes!
- Every microwave is different so you may need more time. Just make sure to remove the bag when the popping has 2 seconds between pops, otherwise you’ll have burnt kernels!
- You can use either oil or butter. I wanted mine on the lighter side so I chose canola oil and not into buttery popcorn. Your choice!
- Be careful when you open the bag. The steam can burn you! The bag will be oily, so you will want to transfer the popcorn to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle extra seasoning on top if you so desire!
Keywords: microwave popcorn, how to pop popcorn, how to pop popcorn microwave, how to pop popcorn in the microwave, popcorn hacks, how to make popcorn