Who needs takeout when you can make this Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice in your own kitchen? It’s cheaper, healthier, and faster!
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 onion, small diced
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (preferably one-day old rice)
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder, and red pepper flakes and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the egg and stir gently until the egg is just set. Remove to a plate and finely chop. Add shrimp to wok and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to the skillet and cook until onions have become translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add broccoli florets and cook until crisp tender. Stir in frozen veggies and half of the green onions and cook until veggies are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in egg and shrimp. Toss in the remainder of the green onions and combine thoroughly. Serve immediately.
- Absolutely use any leftover rice in this fried rice recipe!
- Swap out shrimp for chicken or tofu and feel free to toss in whatever veggies are in your fridge like shredded carrots, mushrooms, corn, or edamame.
- For extra crunchiness, once cooked, you can let it stand in the work for an extra 30 seconds or so until desired cooking.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 928.4 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.7 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 275.5 mg
Keywords: healthy shrimp fried rice, healthy shrimp and rice recipes, fried rice with egg, the best fried rice recipe, tasty fried rice