- Place the meatballs on a dish and let it get to nearly room temperature (should still be slightly frozen).
- Peel the pineapple and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Slice the mini bell peppers in half or quarters.
- Peel the red onion and slice into 1-inch pieces.
Assemble the skewers:
- Place a few peppers and onion slices at the bottom of the skewer. Then thread a meatball on top of that, then a pineapple chunk. Repeat until the pineapple chunk is at the top of the skewer.
- Once you've assembled all of the skewers, brush the skewers generously with the Soyaki sauce on all sides.
Grill the skewers:
- Heat a stove-top grill pan, or outdoor grill, to medium-high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook 5-7 minutes on each side. Keep basting with the sauce to get a nice brown glaze, and the veggies are nicely charred. (The meatballs come pre-cooked so you don't need a lot of cook time.)
Make the rice: Cook the Jasmine rice according to package directions.
To serve: Place a skewer on each plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. Serve with a side of Jasmine rice and extra Soyaki sauce for drizzling.
- You don't have to use ready-made meatballs like I did. If you're feeling it, make your own meatballs with your favorite protein!
- Using double-pronged wooden skewers (or stainless) is recommended for meatballs. Otherwise, the meatballs will be sliding around and won't cook evenly (and even fall off!) You'll definitely thank me for this tip!
- Thread the turkey meatballs onto to the skewers while they're still a bit frozen so they don't break off. Then let the skewers sit until the meatballs get to room temperature before grilling.
- You can grill these skewers on a stove-top grill pan or on an outside grill. Either way will work beautifully!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Grill
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 699.1 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.2 g
- Protein: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 37.4 mg
Keywords: turkey meatballs, grilled meatball skewers, bbq skewers, grilled meatballs, skewer recipes