These Grilled Peaches with Five Spice Oats Crumble are the perfect indulgent dessert recipe. Juicy ripe peaches are grilled until caramelized, then topped with a spiced brown sugar oat crumble recipe and baked until golden brown. Drizzle with honey and serve with ice cream for a sweet summer treat!
For the Topping:
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick), sliced
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
For the Peaches:
- Cooking spray
- 3 firm but ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
To make the topping:
- In a medium flat-bottomed mixing bowl, add the butter, flour, brown sugar, oats, five spice, and salt. Use a pastry blender (or your hands) to blend together all of the ingredients until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the pecans and set the crumble aside.
To make the peaches:
- Spray a grill pan (or outdoor grill) and the tops of the peaches with the cooking spray. Heat the grill pan on medium-high heat. Add the peaches, face down, and grill until there’s a nice sear with grill marks on the flesh side, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the peaches to a semi-deep baking dish (like a pie dish) and top each peach with a tablespoon of the crumble mixture. Bake the peaches for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and serve the peaches with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with maple syrup.
- You can make the crumble ahead of time and store in the freezer or fridge. I always put the leftover crumble in the freezer for next time!
- Don’t pick peaches that are either too underripe or overripe. A nice firmness will do just fine!
- If you don’t want to use maple syrup for the drizzle, honey is just as good!
- The vanilla ice cream is optional, but who doesn’t love a warm peach with vanilla ice cream?
Keywords: peach recipes, peach crumble, grilled peach crumble, healthy grilled peaches