Grilled Miso Shrimp
This is a great summer grilling recipe using lemongrass sticks as skewers for extra tangy flavor! The shrimp cooks quickly and is so delish with a side of rice. Pair it with a great bottle of white wine and it’s simply perfection!
- 4 lemongrass sticks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail intact
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Peel several outer layers of the lemongrass sticks and cut off the tops in a sharp angle. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or preheat a stove-top grill pan. In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the miso paste, oil, ginger, garlic, honey, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Thread the shrimp onto the lemongrass sticks and reserve leftover marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Heat leftover marinade in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. When ready to serve, drizzle remaining marinade on top of shrimp and garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges. Serve with the sambal oelek mayonnaise and a side of cooked rice.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017
- Pork Potstickers October 16, 2017
- Pumpkin Manju Sweets October 9, 2017
- Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup October 2, 2017
- Nutella and Coconut Pancakes September 25, 2017