This is a great summer grilling recipe using lemongrass sticks as skewers for extra tangy flavor! The shrimp cooks quickly and is so delish with a side of rice. Pair it with a great bottle of white wine and it’s simply perfection!Print
- 4 lemongrass sticks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail intact
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Peel several outer layers of the lemongrass sticks and cut off the tops in a sharp angle. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or preheat a stove-top grill pan. In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the miso paste, oil, ginger, garlic, honey, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Thread the shrimp onto the lemongrass sticks and reserve leftover marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Heat leftover marinade in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. When ready to serve, drizzle remaining marinade on top of shrimp and garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges. Serve with the sambal oelek mayonnaise and a side of cooked rice.
Adapted from Food & Wine. Sambal oelek can be found in specialty Asian markets and select grocery stores.
Keywords: Grilled Shrimp, Miso Shrimp, Asian Shrimp