This Grilled Miso Shrimp Garden Salad is so colorful and full of flavor. You’ll love the miso dressing that goes on top!
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 ½ tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound of large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail on
- Package mixed greens
- 4 red radishes, sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Package alfalfa or radish sprouts
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- For the Miso Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- Juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, garlic, ginger and canola oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until shrimp is slightly charred and curled and pink. Do not overcook! Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Make the miso dressing: Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. (Or mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.)
- Assemble the salad: Layer each salad bowl with lettuce leaves or mixed greens, radishes, shredded carrots, radish sprouts, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, edamame pods, and the grilled miso shrimp. Top with the miso dressing and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Keywords: shrimp salad, miso shrimp, healthy salad, asian salad, easy shrimp salad, grilled shrimp, Japanese food