For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
For the salad:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail on
- 10-ounce package mixed greens
- 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4-ounce package alfalfa or radish sprouts
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
For the miso dressing:
Make the marinade:
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, garlic, ginger and canola oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate 5 to 10 minutes.
Grill the shrimp:
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until shrimp is slightly charred and is curled and pink. Do not overcook! Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
Make the miso dressing:
- Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. (Or mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.)
Assemble the salad:
- Layer each salad bowl with lettuce leaves or mixed greens, radishes, shredded carrots, radish sprouts, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, edamame pods, and the grilled miso shrimp.
- Top with the miso dressing and garnish with black sesame seeds.
- If you don't have a grill pan handy, you can always grill the shrimp on an outside grill.
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade miso dressing!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 28.3 g
- Sodium: 422.9 mg
- Fat: 27.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.3 g
- Protein: 31.4 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: shrimp salad, miso shrimp, healthy salad, asian salad, easy shrimp salad, grilled shrimp, Japanese food