These Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups are the perfect lettuce wrapped meal and are a cinch to make. They are incredibly flavorful and oh, so healthy!
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped or sliced
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds flank steak, cleaned of fat
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- ¼ fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- Nuoc cham dipping sauce
- Black and white sesame seeds
- To make the marinade: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, sesame oil, borown sugar, sambal oelek, garlic, and scallions.
- Place the flank steak in a large glass baking dish, or plastic sealable baggie. Pour the marinade over the flank steak and let marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and let it get to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Using an outdoor grill, or grill pan, coat with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill the steak for about 6 minutes each side, or until cooking to medium. Remove to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice the meat across the grain.
- To make the lettuce cups: Place a few pieces of steak into the lettuce leaf and top with carrots, bean sprouts, cucumbers, and cilantro. Drizzle with nuoc cham dipping sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Click here for the Nuoc Cham dipping sauce recipe.
Keywords: Grilled Flank Steak, Lettuce Cups,