Who doesn’t love a good grilled beef recipe? Fiery green curry mixes with sweet coconut milk and grilled peppers to bring the flavors of Thailand to this Grilled Beef with Green Curry Sauce.
- 1 pound top sirloin filet of beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 mini red bell peppers, seeded and thickly sliced
- 3 mini yellow bell peppers, seeded and thickly sliced
- 2 large shallots, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Steamed brown or white rice for serving
- Generously sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Heat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan over medium high heat. Place the beef on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the meat is crusty on the outside but medium on the inside. Remove meat from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice beef into 1-inch slices. Keep warm.
- Add the bell peppers and shallots on a grill pan and grill until softened and slightly charred. Set vegetables aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- To serve: Place the vegetables at the bottom of the serving bowl. Pour sauce over vegetables, and top with beef slices. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with steamed brown or white rice on the side.
- I used top sirloin for this recipe, but you can use flank steak, skirt steak, ribeye, NY strip, chicken, etc. Whatever protein floats your boat!
- I have made this recipe on my stove-top grill pan. It tastes just as good! So, if it’s raining… 🙂
- If you can’t find mini bell peppers, there’s always the option of using full-size multi-colored bell peppers. It will taste the same!
- If you prefer full-fat coconut milk, then go for it!
- I used steamed brown rice to accompany this dish. It would also be good with white rice, couscous, barley, or quinoa!
Keywords: Thai green curry, green curry with beef, green curry meat recipe, Thai green curry with beef and vegetables