This Grilled Asian Flank Steak is so easy. The marinade is heaven, the meat grills up quickly and is melt-in-your-mouth tender!
Now, I don't eat a lot of meat, but I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen to prep for this delicious Grilled Asian Flank Steak!
The marinade is heaven, the meat grills up quickly and is melt-in-your-mouth tender! Lay it over a nice bowl of steamed jasmine rice and you've got one amazing steak dinner!
Let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before slicing to keep the juices locked in!Print
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, fat trimmed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 red Thai chili peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Place whole flank steak into a large Ziplock plastic bag. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, sugar, lime, and canola oil. Whisk until blended well. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade. Pour rest of mixture over the flank steak. Seal the plastic bag, massage marinade into the steak, and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill or grill pan on high heat. Grill the flank steak on both sides about 8 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat reserved marinade in a small sauce pot until slightly reduced. Place steak over jasmine rice, pour remaining sauce over steak, and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Adapted from: www.epicurious.com
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1220.6 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 g
- Protein: 39.8 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
Keywords: Grilled Steak, Asian Grilled Steak, Flank Steak