This super healthy, immune-boosting Ginger and Turmeric Cauliflower Soup is packed with nutrients and flavor! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and paleo. And so delicious!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head orange cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 (14.5) ounce can lite coconut milk
- More salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower florets and chopped carrots and sauté until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté another 3 minutes. Stir in the turmeric powder, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable (or chicken) broth and coconut milk to the pot, stirring well. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and lower to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Using either an immersion blender or high-powered blender, blend until smooth and creamy. You can leave some chunks in for texture. Adjust seasonings.
- Add some coarse ground pepper on top for serving.
- If you can’t find yellow cauliflower in your grocery store, it’s fine to use the white variety.
- To keep this soup vegan, use vegetable broth. Otherwise, chicken broth works just as well in this recipe.
- I used lite coconut milk to keep the calories down, but full-fat coconut milk works as well.
- This soup freezes well for later! You can freeze this for up to 3 months.
Keywords: healthy cauliflower soup, anti inflammatory cauliflower soup, cauliflower ginger soup, best ever cauliflower soup