For the syrup:
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
For the mix:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the sugar, soy sauce, maple syrup, and vegetable oil until well-combined. Remove from the heat, set aside and let cool.
- Divide the cereals and snacks into two large baking trays lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Evenly pour the syrup over the two trays and toss with the mix to thoroughly coat.
- Evenly sprinkle in the entire jar of Furikake seasoning and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for one hour, taking the pans out every 15 minutes to mix, to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- Make sure to toss the Chex mix thoroughly with the syrup so everything is coated well before baking.
- I used two large baking trays for this recipe, but you can use two deep aluminum pans as well. Just make sure to toss the mixture every 15 minutes while baking.
- If you're not serving this Furikake Chex Mix right away, you can store it in a tightly sealed container for up to two to three weeks.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 554
- Sugar: 21.5 g
- Sodium: 452.6 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 24.4 mg
Keywords: chex mix, party snacks, furikake seasoning