Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork
Dinner’s ready in 20 minutes with this super Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry! This recipe is from fellow food blogger Emily Dingmann with A Nutritionist Eats. Emily’s take on this dish: Stir-fries are the answer for quick and healthy dinners and this one is SO good. It’s a flavorful noodle bowl that tastes like take-out AND is packed with protein and fresh vegetables.
Udon noodles – let’s talk about them! So you may have had them out, but chances are that you’ve never cooked with them. (At least I hadn’t until now.) Udon noodles are a Japanese wheat-based noodle. I love them because they are thick and have a great chewy texture and because they are frequently found fresh, you don’t even have to boil water, just throw right into the stir fry.
For this easy udon noodle stir-fry we’re going to quickly sauté some ground pork with mushrooms and Napa cabbage, and then an easy sauce. It’s another meal that includes all of the components I always go for (protein, veggies, flavor, starch!) in one bowl. Dinner’s ready in 20 — let’s get to it!
Ground pork and lots of fresh veggies are stir-fried and tossed with thick Udon noodles for this delicious bowl of everything!
Dinner is on the table in just 20 minutes with this super easy and flavorful Udon Noodle Stir-Fry dish!
- Peel and mince the ginger and garlic. Wash shiitake mushrooms with a wet paper towel and thinly slice. Slice the Napa cabbage.
- Heat a large pan (biggest you have!) over medium-high heat and add oil to pan once hot. Add the ground pork and cook for about 3 minutes, breaking up meat with back of a wooden spoon. Add in the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cabbage, noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, and fish sauce. Toss with tongs to combine well. If your pan is TOO full, cover for about a minute to help the cabbage wilt down.
- Top the noodles with green onions and sambal oelek. Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #AsianCaucasianBlog. We’d love to see your pics on Instagram and Facebook!
If you liked this recipe, try our Tofu Pad Thai.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Skinny”ish” General Tso’s Shrimp and Tofu February 12, 2018
- Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado February 5, 2018
- Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork January 29, 2018
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017