This Easy Thai Clear Soup is loaded with veggies, chicken and tofu. It’s so healthy, full of flavor and super easy to prepare!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon Maggi Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy, leaves and stems, chopped
- 3 green onions, large slices
- 1 cup fresh parsley, stemmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stemmed
- 1 14-ounce package silken tofu, cubed
- 1 large boneless-skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic slices to the pot and sauté until fragrant. Add the sliced carrots and sauté until both start to soften. Pour in the chicken broth and stir. Add in the Maggi seasoning, fish sauce, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and partially cover for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add in the bok choy, green onions, parsley, and cilantro. Stir until wilted, about three minutes. Right before you’re ready to serve, add in the tofu and chicken. The chicken will cook quickly in the hot broth, about 5 minutes. Stir the soup thoroughly and serve immediately.
- Optional: Serve with steamed white rice.
Keywords: Asian Soup, Thai Chicken and Tofu Soup, Easy Asian Soup, Chicken Soup, Healthy Soup