Twenty minutes is all it takes to make this spicy, saucy classic Thai Basil Chicken that’s stir-fried in heaps of garlic and Thai basil.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (or tenders), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 8 garlic cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- Steamed white rice
- In a large bowl, stir together sliced chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar until evenly coated. Set aside and allow chicken to marinate while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and sauce and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add basil leaves and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until basil leaves have wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve with a side of steamed white rice and garnish with more basil.
This recipe was created by: Simply Whisked
Keywords: Asian Chicken, Chicken Recipe, Healthy Asian Recipe, Spicy Chicken, Thai Basil, Thai Chicken