Easy Sushi Pizza
Wow! Believe it or not, this gorgeous sushi pizza is so easy to make! Don’t be intimidated by its picture-perfect appeal! (I know, it’s almost too pretty to eat.) Grab your rice cooker and follow this recipe. Finding sushi-grade fish can sometimes be a challenge. But, guess what? I was so excited to see that Whole Foods started carrying frozen sushi-grade salmon and tuna from “Sushi at Home!” This fish tastes just as good as it does at my favorite sushi restaurant! You really can top this rice pizza with any of your favorites, not just raw fish. Be creative folks! How about smoked salmon, cooked crab, or pickled veggies? Yum, yum, and yum! And, don’t forget the wasabi!
Make the rice pizzas using short-grain sushi rice cooked in a rice cooker and oven-baked (not fried). So healthy!
Sushi-grade salmon and tuna can be found at select grocery stores like Whole Foods. They now carry “Sushi at Home” frozen sushi fish. Defrosts very quickly!
Cut pizza slices of sushi like you would a traditional pizza! Serve your sushi pizza with your favorite dipping sauces, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small ripe avocados, pitted and sliced thinly
- 6 oz. sushi-grade salmon
- 6 oz. sushi-grade yellowfin tuna
- Small package of wakame seaweed salad
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Wasabi paste, pickled ginger, and soy sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the sushi rice in a rice cooker according to package directions. Let cool completely. Gently mix into the rice the egg white and sesame seeds. Lightly coat a pizza stone or baking tray with cooking spray. Wet your hands and mold the rice into two 6-inch rounds onto the stone or tray. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Thinly slice the salmon and tuna. Layer the sushi pizza rounds in this order: cucumber slices, avocado slices, salmon slices, and tuna slices. Place a mound of wakame seaweed salad in the middle. Top with black sesame seeds. Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.
- To make perfect sushi rice:
- Thoroughly rinse 1½ cups of sushi rice (short-grain) until water is clear and not muddy. Place in a rice cooker, along with 2 cups water. Cook until button pops up and light changes to “warm.”
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pot, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Dissolve over medium heat but do not boil. Remove from heat and stir. Set aside to cool. Once rice is finished, let sit in the steamer for 5 minutes. Remove rice and place into a wooden, or non-reactive bowl. Using a wooden or plastic paddle, gently fold in the vinegar mixture until well combined. Do not squish the grains! Let rice cool to room temperature before handling.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017