- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9-inch)
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold pie crust on a baking sheet or baking stone. Slightly roll out edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the fruit with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the middle of the pie crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the border over the edge of the fruit and pinch the pleats. Brush the egg wash onto the pie crust and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of crust and fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is lightly brown and fruit is bubbling. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil if to brown while allowing fruit to cook thoroughly. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Notes: Any fresh summer fruit will work with this recipe.
Adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com
Keywords: Fruit Tart, Summer Fruit Tart