It's summer, can you feel the heat? We wanted to share this beautiful, rustic, easy-peasy Summer Fruit Galette recipe for your next outdoor party. It's not an Asian dessert but it's beyond simple and so tasty!
This gorgeous fruit galette has natural sweetness from the fresh fruit, and is so easy to make! Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top...YUM!
Beautiful summer fruit is always the way to go when making a galette. Farmers market peaches, blueberries and blackberries are so delish in this easy dessert recipe!
The inspiration behind this yummy dessert? Gorgeous fresh berries and peaches at our local farmer's market. You can use ready-made pie crust like we did, or make yours from scratch!
Not a big dessert maker or a baker? Pinky swear, this Summer Fruit Galette was really was a cinch to make! Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprig of mint and you've got the perfect bite!Print
This beautiful, Easy Summer Fruit Galette recipe is perfect for your next outdoor party. This rustic dessert is beyond simple to make and so delicious!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9-inch)
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Optional: vanilla ice cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold pie crust on a baking sheet or baking stone. Slightly roll out edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the fruit with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the middle of the pie crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the border over the edge of the fruit and pinch the pleats. Brush the egg wash onto the pie crust and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of crust and fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is lightly brown and fruit is bubbling. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil if starts to burn while allowing fruit to cook thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Any fresh summer fruit will work with this recipe.
Adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 168.3 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: Fruit Tart, Summer Fruit Tart