This beautiful and tasty Easy Red Beet Hummus recipe will become your party fave! It’s so simple to make and will have you dipping, and double dipping, again and again!
- In a small food processor, add the beets and pulse until nearly smooth. Add in the garbanzo beans and tahina paste and pulse another 20 seconds. Add in the garlic, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil, and salt, and pulse until puréed and hummus is a creamy texture. Taste for seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil if so desired. Serve hummus with pretzels or your favorite crackers or fresh cut veggies.
- You can cheat and use already-steamed or roasted beets like Melilssa’s Organic Steamed Beets that saved a ton of time (or you can steam/roast your own beets). They’re just as delicious!
- Make sure to rinse the garbanzo beans (chickpeas) thoroughly to remove the starchy liquid before adding to the food processor.
- Tahina paste and tahini paste are very similar, so use whichever one you have on hand or can find in your local grocery store.
- A smaller food processor works great for making this dip. You can also use a good blender, like a Ninja or a Vitamix.
- Fresh-cut veggies, crackers, pretzels, or tortilla chips are just perfect for dipping!
Keywords: hummus, beets, hummus recipe, red beets