These festive Easy Peppermint Miso Brownies are sticky, fudgy, salty, and buttery, and a cinch to make using boxed brownie mix!
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9″x 9″ baking pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Place the contents of the boxed brownie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add in the water, oil, egg, and miso paste, and stir until well-combined. Spread the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the peppermint frosting: Heat a saucepan with about 3 inches of water. Bring to a medium boil. Place the white baking chips into a medium glass mixing bowl and place the bowl directly on top of the saucepan with the boiling water making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the white chips occasionally while it melts. Once melted, remove bowl from the stove and add in half of the crushed peppermint candies.
- Remove the brownies from the tray and place on a flat surface. Spread the peppermint frosting evenly over the brownies. Top with the remaining crushed peppermint candies.
- Let set until the frosting has hardened and cut into even squares to serve.
- Feel free to make these brownies from scratch! I like to shave off time because I’m so busy, which is why I opted for the boxed brownie mix.
- You can make a cake out of this Easy Peppermint Miso Brownies recipe too! You’ll need to double it and use 3 round cake pans. That sounds so good!
- I made the mistake of pounding the peppermint candies too hard the first time. Start out easy to make sure these candies don’t turn into powder! You will want some chunks.
- I recommend lining your brownie pan with parchment paper so you can just lift it out of the pan. I did not, which I regret! 🙂
Keywords: peppermint brownies from mix, easy peppermint brownies, white chocolate peppermint brownies, miso brownies