- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cooked soba noodles
- 4 green onions, sliced (extra for topping)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (extra for topping)
- Sliced Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin*
- 1 soft boiled egg, sliced in half
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Add the garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and ginger another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions and cilantro.
- To assemble: Place the cooked soba noodles at the bottom of a large soup bowl. Ladle in the soup. Add the pork tenderloin to the soup. Top with eggs. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
*See recipe for Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 419.9 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Protein: 23.9 g
- Cholesterol: 83.3 mg