- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cooked soba noodles
- 4 green onions, sliced (extra for topping)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (extra for topping)
- Sliced Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin*
- 1 soft boiled egg, sliced in half
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Add the garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots and ginger another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions and cilantro.
- To assemble: Place the soba noodles at the bottom of a large soup bowl. Ladle in the soup. Add the pork tenderloin to the soup. Top with eggs. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
*See recipe for Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin.