Use up your leftover pork tenderloin for this Easy Leftover Pork Soup! Chinese five spice is the flavor bomb in this delicious soba noodle soup. Top with a soft-boiled egg for pure perfection!
One thing is certain, when you make this easy pork soup you will not be slaving in the kitchen all day! I used the leftover pork from my Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin recipe to flavor the dish and provide the protein. Just make the broth, add in your veggies (shiitake and oyster mushrooms, garlic, carrots, and onions) and the flavorings. Layer it with yummy soba noodles and top it off with the pork and a soft-boiled egg. It's even better tasting the next day! So, so good! Really healthy Asian noodle soup, no lie!
Soba noodles soak up the amazing flavors of this soup!Print
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 ½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cooked soba noodles
- 4 green onions, sliced (extra for topping)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (extra for topping)
- Sliced Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin*
- 1 soft boiled egg, sliced in half
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Add the garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and ginger another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions and cilantro.
- To assemble: Place the cooked soba noodles at the bottom of a large soup bowl. Ladle in the soup. Add the pork tenderloin to the soup. Top with eggs. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
*See recipe for Chinese Five Spice Pork Tenderloin.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 419.9 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Protein: 23.9 g
- Cholesterol: 83.3 mg